The discussion on the alignment gap between sales and marketing isn’t new. The discord between these two interdependent business units is a result of their unique positions within an organization. In a nutshell, it is the job of marketers to understand groups of potential buyers and communicate to these groups in either a one-to-many or one-to-one approach and determine the sales-readiness of the potential customers they reach. The role of salespeople on the other hand, is completely different. They solve client problems one buyer at a time when the buyers are nearer to finding solutions and making a purchasing decision and try to close the deal.
Many companies attempt to reconcile their sales and marketing units by focusing inward on sales cycles and pipeline management issues. However, companies who shift their focus outward to the buyer’s journey experience better alignment.
DMP helps companies understand and solve their marketing and sales alignment challenges. We can help assist you with some or all of the following:
- Understanding the buyers’ journey and your marketplace
- Creating a common definition of a “Sales-Ready” qualified lead acceptable to all
- Formalizing the step by step lead-to-sales funnel process and metrics plan
- Establishing the marketing KPIs and sales follow-through SLAs
- Delivering the “sales-ready” leads according to the funnel metrics plan and tracking through the pipeline
- Refining the process based on the results