As B2B firms review their marketing lead-to-sales practices, it is critical that the process includes an honest determination of the effectiveness of any lead development presales functions that may, or not, be in place. Since the lead tele-qualification staffing and productivity have a direct impact on the quality and quantity of the sales-ready lead pipeline, how a firm goes about building its presales lead pipeline is of utmost importance.
At DMP, we recognize that presales tasks involve a vastly different skill set, resources, management and capabilities than those required of the quota driven selling function. Consequently we staff accordingly.
Clients rely on us to manage numerous mid-funnel, inside sales campaign types including:
- Cold calling
- Warm calling to a targeted list
- Nurture leads which are greater than 6 months away from purchasing
- New product launch Introduction
- Tradeshow/webinar follow-ups
- Trial/whitepaper/gated material follow-ups
- Email/direct mail campaign follow-ups
- Webinar/seminar audience acquisition
- Channel partner initiatives
- New Industry/surveys
- Appointment setting
Using different skill sets, DMP’s transactional sales solutions include the following:
- Add-on, up-sell and cross-sell programs to build value
- Database management to track customers
- Email programs
- End-of-life product sales to eliminate aging inventory and costly write-offs
- Warranty sales to maintain owner loyalty
- Annual sales contract renewals
Why should a B2B organization discourage its sales (both inside and outside) reps from engaging in the activities listed above? Because it is a much better use of their time to concentrate on the vetted prospects that a presales team has uncovered. Sales reps should exclusively focus on developing relationships with qualified prospects and most importantly, CLOSING THE DEAL.